- Forensic Investigations
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation Consulting
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Brooklyn College: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Charles Hazelcorn is an Advisor in the Financial Advisory Services Group. Charles has considerable expertise in providing litigation consulting services concerning stockholder disputes, employee contract claims and commercial damage assessments in breach of contract litigation. He has extensive experience in financial reporting violations in directors and officers liability claims. Charles has also testified as an expert witness on matters involving alter ego claims, corporation and partnership insolvency and contract litigations.
In addition, Charles has served as a court appointed Chapter 11 Operating Trustee, and has operated a multimillion dollar debtor in possession through the reorganization process. He has also performed investigations involving financial statement, employee, and bankruptcy fraud, as well as conflict of interest claims.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Life's unfairness is not irrevocable; we can help balance the scales for others, if not always for ourselves.
- Where did you grow up?
- Crown Heights section of Brooklyn, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Attended Brooklyn College, which was like attending an out of town college with all the benefits of New York City.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Reading, dining out and sometimes a good poker game.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Since my focus is on litigation matters, the most important thing to me is producing a high quality product and representing my clients by showing them both the positives and negatives of their position.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Settle lawsuits before going to court, as not only do they take a long time and could impact your ability to move forward in life, but you can lose completely.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I found accounting very interesting and challenging.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- There are many but, of course, my favorite is my family's public charity, the Scott Hazelcorn Children's Foundation, named after my son who was lost on 9/11. The Foundation supports organizations that help children who have suffered physical or mental disabilities, as well as those organizations that support children in need.