- Cross-Borders & Offshore Insolvency
- Investment Funds & Hedge Funds
- Real Estate
- Shipping & Maritime
Energy & Natural Resources
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Brandeis University: BA, Economics & Politics
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business: MBA, Finance & Accounting
- Turnaround Management Association Philadelphia Chapter: Board Member; Membership Vice President
- American Bankruptcy Institute: Financial Advisors & Investment Banking Committee Chair
Wayne P. Weitz is a Managing Director in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group, with over 25 years of experience in turnarounds, restructuring, bankruptcy, mergers and acquisitions, financial and operational management and complex bondholder litigation. His practice includes offshore and cross-border insolvency, debtor and borrower advisory services, secured and unsecured creditor advisory services and statutory and ad hoc committees. Additionally, Wayne has served as a Chapter 11 trustee and liquidating trustee. He has particular expertise in assisting clients in offshore and cross-border insolvency, hedge fund liquidations, energy, natural resources, shipping, maritime, gaming, real estate and automotive industries, among others.
Prior to joining EisnerAmper, Wayne was a Managing Director at a corporate turnaround firm. Earlier, he held various senior positions in the corporate sector, including Director of Corporate Finance at a publicly held credit reporting company and Chief Investment Officer and Treasurer at a publicly held automotive group. These roles encompassed a range of responsibilities, such as capital allocation, strategic planning, international acquisitions, valuation of potential acquisitions and investments and deal execution. Beginning his career as an investment banker, Wayne has completed nearly 100 acquisitions, dispositions and capital formation transactions.