- Defined Benefit Pension Plans
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Pension Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)
- University of Maryland, College Park: BA, Economics
- International Development Banking from American University: MA, Economics
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association Affiliations
- International Women’s’ Insolvency & Restructuring Conference: DC Network Co-Chair
- Girl Scouts Cactus-Pine: Finance Committee Member; Investment Committee Chair
- Girl Scouts of the USA Pension Advisory Committee Member
Suzanne Kelly is a Director in the Financial Advisory Services Group with nearly 20 years of experience working on defined benefit pension plan issues during bankruptcy, out of court restructurings, plan de-risking, and corporate acquisitions and mergers. She advises companies, sponsors, investors and creditors on pension settlement options, negotiations and due diligence.
Prior to joining the firm, Suzanne was Co-Founder and Partner of a boutique-consulting firm specializing in pension issues. She advised clients on issues including dealing with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (“PBGC”) on plan termination, liability settlement, early-warning program intervention, and litigation support. She also advises not-for-profits on staged de-risking of pension plans to reduce administrative costs and funding requirements. She has advised investors on multi-employer withdrawal liability issues.
Suzanne spent over 20 years at the PBGC, where she focused on their termination and settlement process and Early Warning Program activities focused on merger & acquisition transactions, debt issuances and refinancing, and other corporate events. Her major bankruptcy experience includes American Airlines, Nortel Networks, Delta Airlines, Chemtura, Kaiser Aluminum, and St. Vincent Catholic Medical Center.
Suzanne is a frequent speaker and panelist on bankruptcy issues including accounting for lawyers, working with government agencies and pension issues.