- Business Valuation
- Matrimonial Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Forensic Investigations
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- The College of New Jersey: BS, Finance, cum laude
- American Society of Appraisers
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Family Law Section’s Young Lawyers Subsection
Stephanie Hyland is a Director in the firm’s Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group. With over 15 years of experience, Stephanie’s background includes business valuations, matrimonial disputes, commercial litigation and forensic investigations. She has experience valuing businesses in a variety of industries within the context of matrimonial litigation, shareholder disputes, sales and acquisitions, and estate and gift tax purposes. In addition, Stephanie has experience in forensic accounting, damage assessments, tracing of assets, lifestyle analysis and income analysis.
Stephanie is an honoree of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts “40 Under Forty”. In addition, she has been a speaker before members of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association and the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Always do your best, truly listen, strive to learn more and, above all, be a good person.
- Where did you grow up?
- Central New Jersey
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- College was a fun stepping stone from childhood to real life, filled with lessons and friends.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Time outside of the office is family time. We enjoy the warm weather months the most, as they are filled with a variety of outdoor activities.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- I am most passionate about doing my job well, helping my clients find answers, and assisting them in the settlement process.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- I often work in a dispute setting, which understandably involves emotional clients. My advice is to think like a business person. Do what is best for you, not what you think will inflict the most pain on the other party. Any sense of victory will be short-lived.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- My favorite charity to support is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Its mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other deadly diseases through research and treatment. The thought of a child suffering and even dying in the dawn of their life is heartbreaking.