- Business Valuation
- Fair Value Measurements
- Corporate Finance
- Litigation Services
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Entity & Intangible Valuations (CEIV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Seton Hall University: BS, Finance; Economics, MBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants: Chair, Business Valuation Forensic Litigation Services Interest Group
- American Society of Appraisers
- CFA Institute
Shaun F. Maloney is a Senior Manager in the firm’s Financial Advisory Services Group. With nearly 10 years of experience, Shaun specializes in valuing businesses and intangible business assets, and the analysis of damages and lost profits.
Shaun’s business valuation experience consists of valuations for financial reporting, shareholder buyouts, tax reporting, mergers and acquisitions, and various civil and commercial litigation matters. He has conducted valuations of securities and intangible assets of public and private corporations under IRC 409a, ASC 350, ASC 718, ASC 805, and ASC 820. A portion of his work has involved fair value measurements for financial reporting purposes, including intangible assets in purchase price allocation and impairment testing. Shaun also devotes time to the review of external specialist reports and provides valuation support for the firm’s audit teams. His experience in damages analysis and lost profits has been in the areas of shareholder actions, breaches of contract, matrimonial matters, and other disputes.
Shaun currently serves as Chair of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants’ (NJSCPA) Business Valuation Forensic Litigation Services Interest Group. As a speaker, he has presented at NJSCPA interest group meetings and at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) Forensic and Valuation Services Conference. Shaun is a past recipient of the AICPA’s Standing Ovation Award for his contributions to the areas of forensic accounting and business valuation.