- Audit & Assurance
- Investment Performance
- Private Equity
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Villanova University: BS, Business Administration (Finance concentration)
- Hofstra University: MBA, Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth Connecticut Chapter
- Connecticut Hedge Fund Association
Philip DeRosa is a Director in the Audit and Assurance practice and a member of the Financial Services Group. Phil has nearly 20 years of experience in serving and advising clients in the investment management industry.
His diverse experience includes providing audit and business advisory services to private equity funds, hedge funds, broker dealers, and investment advisers. Additionally, Phil has assisted clients with the design and implementation of their internal policies and procedures specifically in the area of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS).
Phil has been a speaker at industry conferences and has also provided internal and external training on the topic of investment performance.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Hard work pays off.
- Where did you grow up?
- Roslyn (Long Island), NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- My college experience was great, because I chose a school (Villanova) that was very well balanced, in that the students were great kids, business school was academically strong, and the sports teams were operating at a high level.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I have a family, so I enjoy spending time with them. I also enjoy playing and watching sports.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- As it relates to my work, I am most passionate about helping clients solve issues by working closely with them. As part of this process, I enjoy building a rapport with my clients and developing strong working relationships with them.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would be a sports agent, as I would enjoy dealing with the finances/accounting issues, the legal aspects of reviewing contracts, the negotiation aspects, and dealing directly with the athletes and the organizations.