Deceased: June 13, 2017
Peter Testaverde was a Partner in the Financial Services Group. He had more than 30 years of experience serving clients such as investment advisors, hedge funds, and clearing and non-clearing broker-dealers. Peter specialized in analyzing the tax, accounting and regulatory implications of specific trading transactions and recommending strategies to maximize leverage and minimize tax consequences. He had worked extensively with clients in broker-dealer regulations, with particular emphasis on Federal Reserve, maintenance margin and SEC net capital rules.
In addition, Peter had experience in litigation consulting and expert witness services. He formerly served as the Operations Partner of an options and arbitrage trading firm that was a member of the New York Stock Exchange, and as an Audit Partner with two significant accounting firms.
Peter was a frequent author and speaker before professional groups.
We will miss our friend Peter...a luminary in his field.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Always try to anticipate your client's needs; be proactive.
- Where did you grow up?
- Brooklyn, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I received an excellent education and enjoyed a good social life only 10 minutes from my home.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with the grandchildren.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Securities regulation, because I have devoted much of my professional life to developing expertise in the rules of the SEC, FINRA, and the Federal Reserve.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My favorite car was a '69 Dodge with a 440 cubic inch 4 barrel carb engine.