- Health Care Services
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE)
- Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives (FACMPE)
- Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (FHFMA)
- Rutgers University: Executive MBA
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Medical Group Management Association
Michael J. McLafferty is an Advisor in the Health Care Services Group (HCSG). Michael is a former partner with 17 years in our HCSG. He has over 25 years of experience in the health care field, providing business services to multihospital systems, pharmaceutical firms, surgery centers and physician practices.
Michael has assisted numerous health care organizations with turnaround services; mergers and acquisitions; evaluation and improvement of operations; revenue enhancement; chart and coding evaluations; revenue enhancement strategies and implementation; contract negotiations; regulatory and compliance issues; and health care litigation. In addition, he has developed business plans and financial forecasts, provided interim management services, performed operational and financial assessments and benchmarking analysis for numerous health care organizations.
Michael has extensive relationships within the health care field and is often requested as a speaker before professional organizations.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Every day is an opportunity to learn something.
- Where did you grow up?
- Brooklyn, NY
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Great opportunity to prepare me for a career as a CPA.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with my grandchildren, golf and exercising.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping clients deal with a difficult and confusing set of health care industry issues.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Always assess the situation first, properly identify the problem and then suggest solutions.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Improving cash flow issues.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- To become a business advisor.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- Audi, because it is reliable and a great bad weather car.