Maureen Egan is a Director in the Financial Advisory Services Group and specializes in complex commercial litigation and forensic investigations.
Maureen has over 20 years of experience analyzing complex financial, accounting and economic issues throughout the dispute resolution process, with an emphasis on breach of contract and fiduciary duty claims, partnership and shareholder disputes and purchase prices adjustments and breach of representation and warranty claims arising from mergers and acquisitions.
Additionally, Maureen has served as the lead case manager on federal district, bankruptcy, Delaware Chancery, state court and arbitration actions requiring the calculation of lost profits and lost value damages, the evaluation of insolvency and the forensic reconstruction of financial activity over multiple years. She has also managed forensic investigations involving internal and external fraud.
Maureen began her career as a staff accountant in regional accounting firms, providing audit and tax services to small and midsized privately held companies. Her experience covers a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, retail and wholesale product distribution, financial services, construction, real estate, professional service firms and electric utilities.
Maureen currently serves as a committee member of the New York Chapter of Women of EisnerAmper.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't care who gets the credit." – Harry S. Truman
- Where did you grow up?
- Long Island
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Yoga, hiking, cooking, watching my son play soccer.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Getting it done the right way.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Habitat for Humanity, because home is where it all begins.