- Commercial Litigation
- Business Valuation
- Forensic Investigations
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Hofstra University: BBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Forensic & Valuation Services Section
Maureen Egan is a Director in the New York Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group. Maureen specializes in complex commercial litigation and forensic investigations.
With more than 20 years of experience, Maureen works closely with clients and their counsel to understand and develop strategies to address complex financial, accounting and economic issues throughout the dispute resolution process. Over the course of her career, Maureen has served as the lead project manager on federal district, bankruptcy, Delaware Chancery and state court matters involving damage claims in the tens and hundreds of millions of dollars, with an emphasis on lost profits, lost value, post-closing purchase price adjustments, insolvency and forensic reconstruction.
Maureen has worked on commercial disputes across a range of industries, including real estate, manufacturing, retail and wholesale product distribution, financial services, construction, law firms and electric utilities. Her experience also includes providing audit and tax services to small and midsized privately held companies in the real estate, manufacturing, distribution and service industries.
Maureen currently serves as a committee member of the New York Chapter of the Women of EisnerAmper.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "It's amazing what you can accomplish when you don't care who gets the credit." – Harry S. Truman
- Where did you grow up?
- Long Island
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Yoga, hiking, cooking, watching my son play soccer.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Getting it done the right way.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Habitat for Humanity, because home is where it all begins.