- Advisor, Eisner Advisory Group LLC
Matthew Shmanske is an Advisor in the Private Business Services Group. Matt has nearly 40 years of experience and worked with a varied client base providing comprehensive accounting and tax services.
Matt’s has expertise is in reviewed and compiled financial statements, budget and cash flow analysis, and management advisory services in the areas of computer support and expense/cost analysis. He also provided tax planning and the preparation of tax returns, including complex multistate returns. In addition, he has had extensive dealings with the Internal Revenue Service and various state and local jurisdictions.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew was a Partner in a large local CPA firm.
- Where did you grow up?
- Livingston, NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Tremendous, but with long lines.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Family events, working around the house and yard.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping clients define and reach their goals.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Don't be greedy.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Forecasting results with different options.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- Accounting came to me very easy. Tax planning is very satisfying.
- I love when clients ask me about …
- Anything before they do it, because it lets us plan properly.