Jeffrey Holt is a Partner in the Private Business Services Group. He has nearly 20 years of public accounting and auditing experience. Jeff acts as the Partner for reviews and compilations for the firm’s closely held private business clients, and has experience in conducting audits of not-for-profit organizations. He has met all of the firm’s standards in being qualified to conduct audits in compliance with Government Auditing Standards and the requirements of circulars promulgated by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
Jeff was formerly a 10-year audit partner with a regional accounting firm on the West Coast. During his tenure, Jeff was the firm’s designated Audit Quality Partner for the Government Audit Quality Center of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and led the Los Angeles office’s employee benefit plan practice. He also worked as an Audit Manager for a Big 4 accounting firm, serving on a multitude of governmental and not-for-profit clients, including audits of higher education institutions and audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." – Mark Twain
- Where did you grow up?
- Los Angeles, California!
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- UCLA – lost among the other 50,000 students
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Literature and popular fiction buff, movies, spending time with wife and daughter (not in that order!)
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Seeing and helping clients go from small to big – nothing beats that!
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Book or movie editor/critic. If I could get paid to read all day, I probably would do that!