Jeffrey Buchakjian is a Partner in the Financial Advisory Services Group, where he specializes in providing forensic accounting services in matters involving commercial disputes and investigations. Jeffrey also leads the disputes and investigations section of the Firm’s Government Services Group.
In dispute matters, Jeffrey provides consulting and expert witness services to attorneys engaged in complex commercial disputes and white-collar cases. He has provided expert testimony in federal and state court on issues pertaining to economic damages, asset tracking and recovery, and allegations of asset misappropriation. Jeffrey’s analyses and findings are often used for mediation and settlement purposes.
Jeffrey has led numerous forensic investigations on behalf of business owners, board members, special committees, and governmental agencies into alleged financial fraud, waste and abuse, asset misappropriation and embezzlement schemes, fiscal mismanagement, and procurement fraud. He has led investigations of public and private corporations, not-for-profit organizations, religious institutions, and state/local educational institutions. Jeffrey has also served as a consultant for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Jeffrey is frequently asked to conduct seminars, and continuing professional and legal education programs in many areas of forensic accounting. He is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, where he currently serves as Chair of the Financial Forensics Credential Committee, and is a past recipient of the Standing Ovation award for his contributions in the area of forensic accounting, and a past member of the Forensic and Litigation Services Damages Task Force. Jeffrey has also received a Certificate of Excellence as a Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants Member to Watch.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." – Albert Einstein
- Where did you grow up?
- Philadelphia, PA
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Living, laughing and learning.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Outside with my beautiful wife and three daughters
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complex forensic accounting investigations and quantifying commercial damages.
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Rock to the Future, because it provides free music education to underserved youth and communities, igniting passion and creativity, supporting academic achievement, and improving self-esteem.