- Corporate Tax
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- International Tax
- Financial Institutions
- Federal, State & Local Tax
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Colgate University: BA
- Syracuse University, The Whitman School of Management: MS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Board of Directors; Tax Division Oversight, Relations with the IRS, & C Corporations Committees
- Syracuse University: Accounting Advisory Board
- Colgate University: FSAA Board Chair
Jeff Allen is an Advisor with more than 30 years of professional experience in public accounting and private industry. He is a senior member of the firm’s International Services and Real Estate Services Groups. His experience covers a full range of domestic tax entities (corporations, partnerships, limited liability entities, REITs, etc.) and jurisdictions (federal, state and local taxes; and multi-state taxes) as well as international matters such as transfer pricing, value-added tax and integration of foreign entities. Jeff has provided and overseen tax compliance and planning, and served as an expert witness. In addition, he has extensive due diligence experience, an extensive M&A background, and ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) financial statement expertise.
Jeff’s clients have included companies in the manufacturing, real estate, technology, industrial, retail, distribution, and commercial and mortgage banking industries. In industry, Jeff served as Senior VP Tax/Chief Tax Officer with The Impac Companies, a $26 billion New York Stock Exchange-traded U.S.-owned REIT and mortgage finance company.
As a former 20-year Partner with KPMG, Jeff’s responsibilities included serving as an Upstate New York Line Tax Partner, Tax Engagement Services Partner-in-Charge and Partner-in-Charge for the Cleveland area tax practice. While at KPMG, he was a member of the firm’s Tax Professional Review Committee and Tax Manufacturing, Retail and Distribution Committee.