- High Net Worth Individuals
- Business Planning
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- San Jose State University: BS
- Golden State University: MS, Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Howard Weiland is a Tax Advisor with over 40 years of public accounting experience and is a member of the firm’s Personal Wealth Advisors Group. He is involved with tax planning and compliance for individuals, partnerships, corporations and trusts. Howard specializes in devising creative solutions for businesses and their owners based on his wealth of tax and accounting knowledge.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Know your clients.
- Where did you grow up?
- Southern California, in Glendale
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- I learned how to learn.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- I like to walk for health and travel.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Helping clients meet their goals.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- Preservation of capital is much more important than return.
- What client issue do you have a knack for resolving?
- Complicated problems regarding future activities.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I wanted to be an engineer, but found out that I did not care why something worked, as long as it worked. I was good at math and logic.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- I would like to teach or coach.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- NFL football