- Human Resources Strategy
- Operational Excellence
- Organizational Development
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional
- Rider University: BS, Business Management & Organizational Behavior
- Rutgers Graduate School of Management & Labor Relations: MHRM
- Society for Human Resource Management
- CPA Firm Management Association
- National Association of Black Accountants
Hayes MacArthur is the Principal-in-Charge of the firm's Human Resoruces Department, with 25 years of human resources and consulting experience. He has extensive experience in strategy development, organization effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, and human resources administration. Haye's areas of focus include compensation, benefits strategy, performance management, operational administration, and employee relations. Hayes also leads the firm’s Friends of the Firm Program, which offers free candidate and job placement services as well as executive learning offerings through EisnerAmper University.
Prior to joining the firm, Hayes was Regional Manager of Human Resources for a Big 4 accounting firm's east coast offices. He was also previously a human resources professional with a Fortune 100 company and the New Jersey Department of Labor.
Hayes is a frequent speaker and author on business and human resources topics, and he is an member active member of various professional human resources advisory group in the business community.
- Where did you grow up?
- Central NJ
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- My college experience encompassed four years of undergrad and another six years of part-time graduate school, so I was studying non-stop for most of my twenties.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Considering I am away from home 12-13 hours every day, I definitely look forward to spending time with my family. From the second I get home, I hear "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy..." and love every minute of it.
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- While sometimes we all take it for granted, we really are lucky to work for a firm where the leadership really does care about their employees, about having a flexible culture that encourages both hard work and balancing family commitments.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- When I have the opportunity, I recommend that clients encourage their employees to look at the business as a family business. While there needs to be a supervisory relationship, treating each other with respect, encouraging development, working together, etc., always makes a company a better place to work.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Professional golf caddie: I'd get to walk a golf course all day, without the stress and frustration of actually hitting that stupid, little white ball.
- What is the most played song on your iPod?
- Dirt Road Anthem … spending three or more hours commuting each day allows a lot of time to day dream about being somewhere other than on a highway.
- What was your favorite car that you owned?
- My favorite car is actually my big farm tractor. I could hay fields for hours and find that so relaxing. I may actually drive it to work one day!