David Helprin is a Tax Principal and a member of the Financial Services Group. He has more than 15 years of experience focusing on financial services and investment management entities, and frequently advises on all aspects of tax planning and compliance for financial services firms and their related entities, as well as routine tax planning and compliance for the principals. His clients encompass a wide variety of asset classes, including hedge funds, private equity funds, and funds of funds.
David assists clients by providing specialized tax consulting and compliance services to many sponsors of domestic investment partnerships and offshore investment companies. He works with clients on the tax implications of various types of securities transactions, including those involving offshore entities, incentive allocations and tax planning strategies.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- Do unto others as they would do unto you.
- Where did you grow up?
- New York suburbs
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- Educational and maturing experience where I met the love of my life.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Spending time with family, playing sports of all kinds.
- What piece of advice do you often give clients?
- I often give clients advice that when dealing with tax issues, they first should look at it from a business perspective, and then deal with the best way to structure from a tax perspective.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite nonprofit to support?
- Chai Lifeline – supports those affected by cancer, which is close to my heart, as a number of my family members have been impacted.