- Family Office Services
- Business Advisory
- Business Valuation
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- University of Colorado, Boulder: BS, Business Administration (Accounting emphasis)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants: Tax Committee; Forensic & Valuation Services Section
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts Association for Corporate Growth San Francisco Chapter
- National Center for Employee Ownership
Dan Heller is a Partner in the Private Business Services Group, and a member of the Family Office Practice, within the Personal Wealth Advisors Group. As a business advisor for over 30 years, he provides advisory, tax consulting and valuation services to family offices, ultra–high net worth individuals, middle market businesses, and real estate investors.
Dan has extensive experience with tax controversy including, fiduciary, individual and business taxation representing clients before the IRS and state authorities, and he has served as an expert witness. Dan has been extensively involved in corporate finance transactions, including venture and private equity financing, and providing due diligence services. He combines his financial background with the use of appraisal and valuation skills to solve complex financial issues.
Dan is a frequent speaker on tax, valuation and succession planning, and author on topics of tax, accounting and financial planning. In addition, he has consulted with and served on various non-profit boards.