Chris Emby is an Audit Partner in the Financial Services Group. With over 30 years of experience, his areas of expertise focus on asset management, including audits of domestic and offshore hedge funds, private equity firms, venture capital companies, commodity pools and investment advisors. Chris also has considerable knowledge of SEC and FINRA regulations, as well as verification of performance presentations pursuant to Global Investment Performance Standards.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris was with a Big 4 accounting firm.
- What words of wisdom or famous quote most influences you professionally?
- If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.
- Where did you grow up?
- I went to a private boarding school in England for 10 years, from the age of 9 to 19. That said, San Francisco has been "home" for my entire life.
- Describe your college experience in one sentence.
- My college experience was really boring. I would study and go to classes all day, in addition to working full time as a security guard from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- How do you enjoy spending your time outside the office?
- Lots of gardening
- What are you most passionate about with your work?
- Working with new staff and training them.
- Why did you become a CPA?
- I worked at a laundry one summer, stuffing dirty clothes into washing machines the size of a truck. After doing that, and getting paid $2.18 per hour, I realized I wanted to be a professional and "fly a desk" for a living.
- If you had to choose another occupation, what would it be?
- Restore and paint old Victorian houses in San Francisco.
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Gilligan's Island