- Health Care Services
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
- Certified Professional Coding Instructor (CPC-I)
- Certified Ophthalmology Coder (COPC)
- AA, Business Administration (Accounting concentration)
- American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Fellow
- Novitas Medicare Provider Outreach & Education Advisory Group
- Medical Group Management Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- New Jersey Medical Coding & Billing Conference: Coordinator
Nancy Clark is a Manager in the Health Care Services Group. Her expertise focuses on coding and documentation audits, which includes chart review and report compilation. Nancy has over 25 years of experience, which includes health care consulting, medical coding and billing, accounting and business management.
Nancy specializes in providing coding education for providers and their staff, incorporating clinical documentation improvement strategies. She also serves as an authority, and interprets and reports data for health care litigation clients. Additionally, Nancy optimizes revenue cycle management operations and works with data analytics.
Nancy has experience reviewing health plan contracts and performing comparative analyses with remittance advices for accuracy. She further applies cost components to contractual allowances as defined by health plan contractual obligations. In addition, Nancy has audited Health Care Procedural Coding Services (HCPCS) drug and biological codes for compliant and supportive documentation.
Prior to joining the firm, Nancy served as Director of a health care business resource company. She has been recognized as a Fellow by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), and has served as an officer on the AAPC National Advisory Board. As an AAPC Approved Instructor, she has taught medical coding and billing to students in preparation for the AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) examination. She previously served as President, Treasurer and Member Development Officer of the AAPC Monmouth New Jersey Chapter.
In addition to her active involvement in the AAPC, Nancy is a coordinator of the New Jersey Medical Coding and Billing Conference. She is a frequent presenter at national seminars and a contributing author to health care publications.