- Real Estate
- Private Equity Funds
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- St. John’s University: BS, Accounting; MBA, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Urban Land Institute
- Long Island Real Estate Group
Michael Torhan is a Senior Tax Manager in the Real Estate Services Group. He provides tax services for a variety of industries including the real estate, hospitality, and financial services sectors. Michael also has experience in tax compliance and planning for high net worth individuals.
Michael provides specialized real estate consulting services including the analysis of complex acquisitions and dispositions, waterfall distribution and income allocations, residential and commercial leases, IRC §704(c) allocations, and like-kind exchange transactions. He also has experience developing complex financial models for tax and cash flow projections.