- International Taxation
- Expat/Inpat Taxation
- Multinational Entities
- Taxation of Nonresident Aliens
- Cross-Border Transactions
- Tax Treaty Issues
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR)
- IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Procedures (OVDP)
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
Matthew Halpern is a Tax Manager in the International Tax Services Group with more than five years of experience. He works with expatriates and foreign individuals with U.S. activity. Matt also works with clients in various industries such as professional services, information technology, and manufacturing and distribution. His client base has significant international operations.
Matt helps lead the Expat/Inpat taxation service line for the firm. He understands the issues that are important to business enterprises with multinational activities, such as foreign owned partnerships, corporations, disregarded entities, foreign investors of domestic companies, transfers of U.S. property, treaty based positions, and the foreign tax credit. In addition, Matthew works with a variety of U.S. citizens and foreign individuals living both in the U.S. and abroad. He understands the U.S. tax compliance rules and the effects of each individual’s foreign aspects for U.S. reporting requirements including FATCA issues and IRS offshore voluntary compliance programs, (OVDP).
Matt is currently working towards his master’s degree in Taxation at Golden Gate University.