- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
CREDENTIALS / EDUCATION
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- West Chester University: BS, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants: Mid-Hudson Chapter Board of Directors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Denise Finney is a Director in the Pension Services Group who dedicates 100% of her time to employee benefit plan audits. Throughout her 15 years of public accounting experience, she has specialized in assisting clients with their annual audit requirements regarding employee benefit plans.
Denise has served both public and private clients in a wide variety of industries with both defined benefit and defined contribution plans, including 401(k)s, 403(b)s, 11-Ks, ESOPs and welfare benefit plans. She consults with clients and is responsible for supervision and review of staff and work product, including detailed testing. Denise is involved in the maintenance of the firm’s master engagement templates as well as design and delivery of annual firm-wide continuing professional education in the employee benefit plan audit area.
Throughout the year, Denise attends seminars to keep abreast of unique ERISA, DOL and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants employee benefit plan issues. She has presented to various professional groups on employee benefit plan topics.