Job #934: Manager, Technical Accounting - Northern, NJ (10-29-18)
- Job Title: Manager, Technical Accounting
- Location: Northern, NJ
- Salary: $130,000 + bonus
The Manager, Technical Accounting is a member of the Finance organization who will work closely with key stakeholders to provide accounting support related to licensing and other M&A transactions, develop and communicate global corporate accounting policies and support the external reporting and accounting operations groups. The position will report to the Associate Director of Technical Accounting and will also assist in providing thought leadership and current best practices surrounding technical accounting issues globally.
Will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide advice on the accounting treatment and structures related to licensing and other M&A transactions including:
- Collaboration with different business functions and teams to perform accounting due diligence on potential transactions
- Ensuring key stakeholders are aware of contemplated deals and the potential impact on the company
- Assist with the accounting for business combinations, including the review and management of any related purchase accounting valuation activities
- Provide support to senior management and to franchises by evaluating the accounting and financial implications of new accounting pronouncements
- Document and maintain the global accounting policies for a growing multi-national organization including:
- Maintenance of database of corporate-wide accounting policies
- Coordinate the documentation of global corporate accounting procedures
- Document conclusions on executed transactions in accounting position papers
- Prepare quarterly impairment reviews of marketable securities and strategic investment assets for adjustment including:
- Meet with key stakeholders to assess impairment and liability adjustments independently
- Prepare the valuation support for assets and liabilities independently with minimal reviews
- Assist in the preparation of year-end and quarter-end reporting by working with external auditors on annual audits and quarterly reviews as well as facilitate the filing of SEC reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q including:
- Prepare schedules of Form 10-K/10-Q documents independently with minimal review
- Review Form 10-K/10-Q documents in order to address errors and inconsistencies
- Support the Controller team with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Perform complex technical accounting research
- Assist the corporate accounting group in maintaining and, where necessary, establishing and documenting effective internal controls and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (CPA or MBA strongly desired).
- 5-8 years’ experience (supervisory experience a plus). Big-4 public accounting and pharmaceutical experience strongly desired.
- Experience with Oracle and Business Objects/Oracle Business Intelligence strongly desired.
- Able to perform technical accounting research, including the documentation and communication of accounting implications.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to develop solutions to diverse business problems.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work through various issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to influence management across multiple teams
Interested candidates should contact Raymond Pirre at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #934 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.