Job #760: Assistant CCO/Controller - New York, NY (4-23-18)
- Job Title: Assistant CCO/Controller
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Company, Inc ("HWK") is a private equity firm founded in 1903 and based in Indianapolis, Indiana, with an office in New York. Since 1982, HKW has sponsored 57 platform transactions of lower middle‐ market companies throughout North America as well, as 61 add‐on acquisitions.
For further information on HKW, please visit www.hkwinc.com.
The Assistant CCO/Controller will be responsible for supporting the CFO/CCO and working together with his financial team in managing day‐to‐day financial activities and responsibilities of HKW. This position primarily involves becoming an integral member of HKW’s Compliance team, ensuring the firm’s financial and compliance environment adheres to internal compliance controls and policies.
The job duties include:
- General accounting support for Private Equity Funds, including maintaining financial work papers, reviewing financial statements and capital accounts and participate in preparation for the annual audits
- Assist in preparing material for monthly operations meetings
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist team with any necessary day‐to‐day financial responsibilities, including reviewing expense reports
- Compliance support and implementation of HKW Compliance policies and procedures, including completing LP requests as needed, assisting in the delivery and completion of quarterly and annual compliance certifications and reporting, employee compliance training, identifying non‐ conformity issues, etc.
- General administrative support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred, but not required)
- At least five years of accounting and compliance experience
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting software
- In‐depth knowledge of the industry’s regulatory compliance standards
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be reliable, organized and able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Compliance certification a plus
Immediate, Part‐time considered
Interested candidates should contact Constantine Rakkou at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #760 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Jennifer Rosener at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.