Job #1854: Chief Financial Officer - PA (2/17/2023)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
LocationGreater Philadelphia, PA
Who we are:
Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld (RCCB) empowers your ambition. Founded a decade ago, the firm has rapidly grown to nearly 60 attorneys and is now considered one of the preeminent business firms in our region. Having started RCCB from scratch and built it with hard work and dedication, we view ourselves as proud, card-carrying entrepreneurs. Add to that varied backgrounds as business owners, general counsel and other operational roles, and you can quickly see what makes us tick.
RCCB combines sophisticated, smart legal counseling with the type of sound practical judgment that comes from hands-on business experience. At our core, we are lawyers who think like business people and we embody entrepreneurial approaches and creative thinking. Combining our strengths in business with top lawyers emerging from Big Law, we are trusted advisors to businesses, their owners and families, investors, and executives. Our attorneys are top-ranked leaders in their fields and recognized by prestigious publications such as Chambers USA, Martindale-Hubbell, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, World Trademark Review, The Legal Intelligencer, and the Philadelphia Business Journal, among others. Philadelphia Inquirer Top Places to Work 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Reporting to the Managing Partner and the Executive Committee, the CFO/Executive Director will have overall responsibility for finance and accounting, technology, and risk management. Overall responsibilities extend from day-to-day business issues to longer term issues and strategic planning. Works collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the firm and insure excellent client service. Our ideal candidate is not just comfortable with growth and change but thrives in an environment where people are constantly looking to improve the business and themselves. This position will report out of the Conshohocken or Philadelphia offices (a hybrid schedule can be discussed).
Finance and Accounting:
- Manages day-to-day financial and accounting functions, including receivables, billings, payables, payroll, and cash management.
- Ensures the timely preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, cash flow statements, profitability analyses, and any other reports deemed necessary by Managing Partner/Executive Committee.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budget and interim projections.
- Oversees year-end receivables and billing push, the firm’s cash flow and overall financial position.
- Coordinates annual financial statement and tax return preparation with the firm’s outside accountants.
- Administers the firm’s various professional liability insurances with guidance from firm’s Executive Partner and General Counsel.
- Minimizes risk and identifies possible ethical and business-related conflicts of interests in connection with the Firm’s new business, lateral hires and other special projects.
- Manages and oversees conflict research process and procedures ensuring potential conflicts are quickly and accurately identified and resolved and conflicts are cleared for new matters and new clients Firm-wide with guidance from Partner in Charge of Conflicts.
- Oversees in coordination with the Firm’s Technology Committee all technology including hardware, software, telecommunications, and other tools that provide the necessary information and technical support to meet the firm’s business needs.
- Ensures that new and emerging technologies are assessed to determine their potential value to the firm.
- Supervises the training on how to use the firm’s technology and its applications in the most productive way.
The successful candidate must operate comfortably across a broad spectrum of responsibilities including hands-on financial and administrative work to issues involving information technology, business judgment, and strategic planning. The candidate will possess the following personal and professional characteristics and capabilities:
- Strong financial background and management abilities
- Ability to work with limited direction while managing finance, accounting and IT staff
- Capable of handling multiple priorities, hold others accountable, and take responsibility for follow up
- Must be able to analyze issues, anticipate consequences, make decisions, and initiate action
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of the firm
- Able to build consensus and work in a collaborative manner
- Capable of dealing with difficult situations and people
- Ability to encourage and motivate employees while maintaining consistent office practices and procedures
- Must be highly organized and self-directed in approach to work
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field required
- A professional accounting designation (CPA), MBA or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in a law firm environment is preferred
RCCB is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering workplace diversity. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other federal or state protected classification.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Elizabeth Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1854 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.