Job #1697: Corporate Controller - Hybrid - Philadelphia, PA or NYC (9-24-21)
LocationNew York/ Pennsylvania
ABOUT FORIAN INC.
Forian provides a unique suite of SaaS solutions, data management capabilities and proprietary data and analytics to optimize and measure operational, clinical and financial performance for customers within the traditional and emerging life sciences, healthcare payer and provider segments, as well as cannabis dispensaries, manufacturers, cultivators and regulators.
In this newly created role with Forian as the Corporate Controller, you will lead the build out of our accounting team. This includes establishing a SOX compliant accounting function for our company, which is newly public and growing quickly. You will also be an integral part of the ERP implementation project team. You will manage various complex accounting areas including Stock-based compensation and administration, convertible debt, internally developed software, and other strategic initiatives.
- Lead the Company’s financial close process, including consolidation and preparation of financial statements and management reporting metrics and analysis. A special focus will be on re-designing, streamlining and automating the close process for Forian while maintaining a high level of accuracy and integrity, and ensuring a balanced workload within the organization.
- Oversee consolidations and management reporting.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all SEC, GAAP, FASB rules and regulations in addition to state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Keep abreast of accounting development, and research, providing recommendations related to complex accounting issues, including M&A and purchase accounting.
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies to ensure practices and financial reporting are continuously improving to meet current and future requirements.
- Collaborate closely with SOX consultants, information technology, tax, treasury, legal and other functions to ensure proper internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure.
- Coordinate activities of external auditors, including annual audit, reviews.
- Manage the preparation of information and coordinate effort required by the external auditor for year-end financial reporting.
- Continue to instill a performance culture resulting in meaningful process changes or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness, as well as meeting the needs of a high growth business. Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff. Build a strong bench of talent and support strong career development, mobility and progression.
- Deliver assigned projects on-time, with high-quality and within the allocated budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA required.
- A minimum of 10 years, with 5 years at a national accounting firm and 3+ years at a public company with deep experience managing SEC reporting and corporate areas in roles of increasing responsibility.
- MBA is a plus
- Experience in public companies facing rapid growth while maintaining the highest standards in accounting practices
- Experience and demonstrated history of driving and delivering performance improvement
- Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Highly organized, inquisitive individual who always challenges the status quo and is open to new ideas and considerations
- Deep and broad accounting rigor demonstrated through mastery of accounting theory and application of technical, complex accounting treatments, including revenue recognition, software development costs and intellectual property licenses, income taxes, stock compensation, business combinations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience preparing public filings and preparing materials for earnings releases and board meetings
A great opportunity to apply your skills in a meaningful way and grow as Controller with an emerging NASDAQ (FORA) listed tech company. Join a great team and build a first class accounting and finance function.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1697 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.