Job #1612: Senior Director, Public Relations – Boulder, CO (5-14-21)
Job TitleSenior Director, Public Relations
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We are bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The Sr. Director is responsible for advancing the company brand, image, and reputation by leading the strategy and execution of the company’s external-facing Corporate Communications. In addition, this role directly engages external partners, stakeholders and audiences through strategic partnerships, media relations, analyst relations and tech community involvement. This role reports directly to the VP, Corporate Communications.
- Manages all external communication for marketing excellence working with in-house resources/partners and external service providers (brand PR agency).
- The successful candidate will take corporate communications to a new level, advising on the appropriate mix of media options for our various audiences.
- Strategically partner with senior leadership to define overall external communication strategy/needs, develops detailed communication plan, and is responsible for execution of the plan.
- Provide clear, consistent, and frequent messaging regarding key initiatives, business results, changes, progress, and overall business priorities externally.
- Build the social media strategy to refine the reputation of the company and leaders by sourcing and creating content to share on social media outlets.
- Responsible for writing, editing, and producing a variety of communications for external audiences via Website and other social media outlets.
- Create systems and processes to shape messaging for external communication and for disseminating information within the company.
- Write press releases and collaborate on the overall PR strategy developing and maintaining relationships with local and national media contacts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 15 – 20 years of PR experience and a proven track record of marketing success
- At least 10 years’ experience managing Ad agencies
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate prior experience messaging, pricing, and positioning complex, enterprise-wide solutions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal office environment (pet friendly) with extensive computer use and travel up to 25%
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to James Perduto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1612 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.