Webinar: Unpaid Payroll Tax Penalties
Based on 2015 information collected by the U.S. Treasury Department approximately 70% of all revenues collected by the IRS are collected from amounts withheld from employee wages. It is estimated that over $59 billion of taxes that are due on employment tax returns that are filed remain unpaid. As a result, the IRS and the Department of Justice have recently identified civil and criminal employment tax enforcement as among their top priorities. This course reviews the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP) and how to navigate the issue with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Discuss the thresholds that need to be met in order to be charged with the TFRP
- Define “responsible” and “willful” as it pertains to TFRP
- Determine client options for resolving a TFRP liability and the IRS’ options for enforcing collection
Learning Outcomes: Participants will be able to:
- Discuss with an IRS officer on what qualifies an individual to be charged with a TFRP
- Appraise an individual charged with a TFRP and provide them guidance as to what to expect and options available to them
1 CPE credit in Taxation
CPE certificates will be distributed via email within 10-14 business days after the event.
- Dan Gibson, Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
- Kimberly Mumme, Senior Manager, EisnerAmper LLP
Thursday, July 20, 2017
12:00pm - 1:00pm EDT